- Gel Motion
BUILT ON A LEGACY OF INNOVATION
- Bike Helmets
- About Us
- Find a Store
How to measure your head
Wrap a flexible tape measure around the largest portion of your head about 1/2” or 1.25 cm above the top of your ear. Pro Tip: You can use a string if you do not have a flexible tape measure, then measure the string with a tape measure or ruler. Once you've measured yourself, check our sizing chart to find your size.
How to adjust the fit system
Some helmets come equipped with a fit system. This system allows for the helmet to fit more comfortably and securely on the head while riding. Fit systems do not affect the helmet’s ability to stay on in an accident. Only the above retention system does that.
These fit systems are usually identified as a dial-like system on the very rear of the helmet. Many of these dial systems can be adjusted up or down on the inside of the helmet for better comfort. They can also sometimes be adjusted forward and backward for better comfort as well. Check the inside of the helmet for adjustment notches and, if available, try out different fit system configurations to find the most comfortable fit.
Never adjust the snap-in pins to a location that is not designed specifically for receiving the adjustment pins. By activating the dial clockwise or counter-clockwise, the helmet’s fit system can contract or expand to better fit the user. Some dials may need to be pressed inward prior to rotation in order to be properly activated.
How to adjust the straps
1. First, position the helmet on your head so that the lowest front edge is about 1.5 inches or 3.8 cm's above your eyebrow. Your helmet should not be tilted back on your head (figure 1). When the helmet is properly positioned on your head, both the front and the rear straps should be evenly tensioned, with the strap guides positioned just below the ears (figure 2). If the straps are uneven, they can be adjusted by pulling them through the rear of the helmet.
2. To adjust the length of the straps, use the strap guides to make the adjustments up or down so that the strap guide is positioned just below the ear. Any slack in the strap must be pulled through the chin buckle. The loose ends of the strap must then be passed at least a half inch through the rubber "O" ring. The straps should not cover your ears.
3. Next, close the chin buckle and tighten the combined straps until they are comfortable underneath your chin, and as far back towards the throat as is comfortable. Position the buckle so that it is centered side to side. To see if your straps are correctly adjusted, try to pull the helmet off from both the front and the back. If it can be tipped forward, tighten the back straps. If it can be tipped backward, tighten the front straps.
If the helmet does not fit properly after adjustment, do not use the helmet! Choose another size and/or model of helmet that fits and which can be properly adjusted.
Whether you weave through traffic on a three or 30-mile commute, or cycle for fitness or casual cruising, the Current e-bike helmet delivers superior head protection to help you ride with confidence. Stylish with clean lines and a comfortable fit, this helmet is an extension of you and your riding. Designed with practical and easy-to-use features – like a magnetic on/off visor, rear LED light, and shield lens – the Current delivers everything you’d want from a reliable and durable commuter helmet – and more! Regardless if you saddle an e-bike or not, the Current is NTA 8776 speed e-bike certified, giving you the peace of mind you’re wearing premium head protection for every turn.
- + Integrated, 3 PC shell technology and in-mold EPS for impact energy management, durability, and lightweight feel
- + Proprietary GelMotion® technology for enhanced management of high- and low-energy impacts, and rotational and oblique impacts
- + Magnetic, reinforced snap on/off visor for versatility
- + Magnetic on/off anti-scratch shield lens with easy stowaway (sold separately)
- + Magnetic, removable rear LED light with 3 modes
- + LEM FS2™ fit system brings a secure, easy, on-the- y customizable fit with micro-adjust dial
- + Number of Vents: 8
- + Webbing: Polyester Reflective
- + Padding: LEM-Tech w/BugOut™ Mesh
- + Reflective decals
Sizes: Small 53-56cm, Medium 56-59cm, Large 59-62cm
Certification: CE EN1078; NTA 8776 (speed e-bike helmet certification)
Magnetic, reinforced snap on/off visor
Sometimes a visor can be a really handy thing; sometimes not. It might depend on the weather; at times a bit of shelter for the eyes is great whether that’s from the sun or the rain. Or maybe you prefer the style of a helmet without a visor or you don’t need the visor on today’s ride. The Current helmet offers you an easy solution – the visor fits on using magnets so you can snap it on and off quickly and easily without any need for tools. Adapt it to your style and your needs without any fuss. A truly versatile solution.
Complies with NTA 8776 speed e-bike helmet certification
Advances in bike technology need to be reflected in advances in helmet technology; every time there is something new on the machine you are riding means there is something new about the protection you use. That’s why there is now an eBike helmet certification. Helmets complying with the NTA 8776 speed e-bike helmet certification have greater coverage of the head, and are designed to deal better with the potentially greater impact forces from the greater speed of an eBike. Obviously at LEM we’ve taken those requirements and put them into a versatile, comfortable helmet just perfect for urban riding.
error Your review appreciation cannot be sent